Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thou Shalt Always try to go to good gigs...

...if you have the time, money and interest I suppose.

The good people at the Limerick Post dropped a copy of their paper in our letterbox today. It informed me that there are three gigs over the coming weeks that I might like to go out and see. Feel free to come along if you want to too.

1. Dan le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip
Friday 9th May at 9.00pm
Seomraí na Trionóide, Cathair Luimnigh.

They brought us "Thou Shalt Always Kill" last year, which enjoyed a spell as my bebo flashbox a few months back, after I saw same on the page of one Will Storan, who has an ear for decent music if I may say so. Which brings me to the whole reason for me creating this post: the chance to put the video for "Thou Shalt Always Kill" on my blog.

More info should be on the Trinity Rooms' website. Incidentally, I'm really fond of the track that plays when you open their site. Does anyone know what it's called?

They come from the same Essex town that Joseph "Heart of Darkness" Conrad once lived in. This brings me nicely to the main reason I have for posting this evening, basically to try and embed a youtube music vidjo into my blog for the very first time. Here goes, ladies and gentlemen, I give you "Thou Shalt Always Kill" by Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip:


2. Utah Saints
Saturday 3rd May also at 9.00pm
And also at the Trinity Rooms, Limerick.

The lads from the days of X-Worx jeans, Petro Motion jeans and grafitti stating the equation "XTC=NRG" will hopefully have a great set, 1992 style.

3. Rufus Wainwright
Sunday 8th of June at 8.00pm
University Concert Hall

The Montreal Minstrel of Misery brings his show to UL, should be good. I'm sure there's a lot more to him than that - I have one cousin and had one taxi-driver who were mad into him, so I'm sure with a bit of pre-concert homework I should be able to form an opinion on him.

No comments: